Thursday, October 23, 2008

Referee hit a player in NFL game

Referee hit a player in NFL game

Sometimes an official, through no fault of his own, will get caught up in the middle of a play and inadvertently make contact with a player. Sometimes an official just feels like making a tackle. Sometimes an official is concerned that a player has been programmed to kill the Queen of England and is forced to take matters into his own hands.

Whatever happened yesterday, here are some terrific action shots of NFL umpire Lieutenant Frank Drebin Garth DeFelice taking out Rams running back Kenneth Darby yesterday. Getty Images photographer Dilip Vishwanat was johnny-on-the-spot yesterday, and the world thanks him for it.

As most of you know I was born and raised in Saint Louis, Missouri. Considering my profession I have had the ability to travel to a lot of places and right now I think I am ready to be adopted by another city. The only thing that could be worse than being a Saint Louis sports fan (which I have never been even though I live here) is being a Detroit sport fan.


The Rams are a disgrace, but when a NFL Umpire is taking out your running back like he is Ray Lewis you know it is time to close down shop. I understand Kenneth Darby is just trying to make a living, but come on homie that is an old man who just laid you out with a forearm shiver.


I am embarrassed for the entire state of Missouri (it isn't like the Chiefs are any better). I just have to hold my head down in shame. It is pathetic. They were giving away free tickets to the game for Christmas and people were turning them down. The funny thing was they weren't just turning them down they were insulted that they were being offered in the first place. What more can I say?
int Louis Rams Running Back Kenneth Darby Gets Jacked Up!!! by NFL Umpire Garth De Felice. To hear Darby and DeFelice'